HomeUSMet safety guard ‘ruins’ romantic wedding ceremony proposal by ordering kneeling groom...

Met safety guard ‘ruins’ romantic wedding ceremony proposal by ordering kneeling groom to ‘get up’

Published on



They suggest getting a life!

A younger couple’s romantic marriage proposal at the Metropolitan Museum of Art was ruined when a killjoy safety guard interrupted — and ordered the groom-to-be, who was on bended knee, to “stand up,” viral video reveals.

Lina, who said she’s lawyer, was standing fortunately with her boyfriend in entrance of the stained glass part of the Big Apple museum, when he popped the query, according to footage she posted on Instagram last week.

A Met Museum safety guard orders a kneeling groom to “get up” during a wedding ceremony proposal at the New York City museum. instagram/livinwithlina_

As she reached into the field to take the ring, the guard swooped in and spoiled their particular second, she said.

“He’s being rude and condescending and telling us to get up,” Lina fumed.  “I’m really upset about my proposal being ruined.”

The self-appointed romance police cited a non-existent rule about engagements being forbidden at the venerable home of artwork, she said.

“He started off by saying proposals aren’t allowed (they are) and for my friend to stop filming,” Lina wrote in the put up.

She described the footage as, “When an incel security guard tries to ruin your engagement but its ok b/c I’m going to marry the love of my life.”

She said her fiancee, who wasn’t named, was  “going through every emotion” as the unbelievable interruption unfolded — and that they later went to Shake Shack to calm down.

The couple later left the Met and went to Shake Shack. instagram/livinwithlina_

Observers were outraged by the wedding-proposal crasher.

“I’m honestly astonished by what happened at the @metmuseum. The security guard could have allowed the moment to unfold, then privately explained the museum’s policy afterward,” one individual commented.

“I understand the importance of rules, policies, and doing your job. But discretion matters too. Interrupting and potentially ruining a once-in-a-lifetime moment in the name of enforcing a rule only makes the public’s relationship with people in those positions more difficult.”

Lina said she and her fiance still plan to get married. instagram/livinwithlina_

Another added, “There literally hundreds of posts of people proposing at the met in the last 5 years.” 

“I hope this employee was addressed,” a third wrote

Despite the interruption,  the couple — native New Yorkers who met at the museum a few years in the past — still plan to get married,  assist Lina, who didn’t point out her last title.

“Of course it would be my luck that this type of person is on a power trip that day and tried to ruin a once in a lifetime moment,” she said.

The Met didn’t instantly return The Post’s request for remark Friday. 

Lina, whose footage had raked in more than 55,000 views on Instagram, also didn’t return an e-mail from The Post.




Artcle credit score and Source hyperlink

Latest articles

Stetson Bennett made Rams’ backup QB determination a lot simpler

There is something about Stetson Bennett that when the lights come on, and...

Sophie Cunningham supporters, detractors, rally outside NYC enviornment during Liberty v Fever WNBA recreation amid ‘trans’ scandal

Rival demonstrations erupted outside Saturday’s New York Liberty recreation at Barclays Center, as...

Randy Mastro goes to warfare against Mamdani amid the pied-à-terre tax rollout

Randy Mastro relishes a good authorized struggle — and Mayor Mamdani is offering...

Carson Benge continues red-hot streak in offensive-powered Mets win over White Sox

CHICAGO — Carson Benge solid fairly a relationship with the proper area fence...

More like this

Sophie Cunningham supporters, detractors, rally outside NYC enviornment during Liberty v Fever WNBA recreation amid ‘trans’ scandal

Rival demonstrations erupted outside Saturday’s New York Liberty recreation at Barclays Center, as...

San Francisco seashore closed after fishing boat carrying 1,000 gallons of diesel runs aground

North Beach in San Francisco was quickly shut down Saturday after a 58-foot...