HomeWorld newsSeveral injured after sword attack at Swedish college

Several injured after sword attack at Swedish college

Published on


Several folks have been injured after a sword attack at a highschool in Sweden, native authorities say.

Police said they had arrested one man after the incident at Brinell School in Fagersta, central Sweden.

Officers were called to the scene just after 14:00 native time (13:00 BST) on Friday, with some reports in Swedish media saying the suspect was shot in the leg by police.

Fagersta council did not specify the quantity of wounded, but said police were looking out the constructing and that eight other colleges had been positioned under lockdown measures.

Police have said there is at the moment no hazard to the public.

In a submit on X, Sweden’s Prime Minsiter Ulf Kristersson described the attack as a “serious incident,” and said “we do not know what lies behind the act, but we know that police are working very intensively”.

Sweden has skilled a quantity of attacks on instructional establishments in latest years.

The nation skilled it’s worst-ever mass taking pictures in 2025, where 11 folks, including the gunman, died at an grownup schooling centre in Orebro.

This led to the authorities tightening the nation’s gun legal guidelines after it was discovered that the suspect legally owned 4 rifles, three of which were discovered in the college where attack took place.

Two academics were killed in a violent attack on a secondary college in Malmo in 2022 – an 18-year-old scholar later confessed to the attack.

In 2015, a instructor and a pupil were killed in a sword attack at a college in Trollhattan.



Source hyperlink

Latest articles

Astros vs. A’s prediction: MLB Friday picks, odds, bets

Stitches is betting on the A's to beat the Astros and Hayden Wesneski.

The Gwyneth Paltrow AI controversy only hurts girls

On any given August night time in the Hamptons, a rich Hollywood star...

Tyson Fury unloads after saying Anthony Joshua tremendous combat is off

The on-again, off-again Tyson Fury-Anthony Joshua combat is taking another weird twist.  Fury posted...

Ed Martin leaving DOJ position to ‘struggle authorized battles’ in midterm, 2028 elections, Trump announces

WASHINGTON — President Trump announced Friday afternoon that US Pardon Attorney Ed Martin...

More like this

Russian double-tap drone strike kills 15 in Ukrainian mall, officers say

At least 15 individuals have been killed in a Russian double-tap drone strike...

Germany investigates Russia hyperlinks to weapons cache discovery, reports say

Dobrindt said that last October Germany's home intelligence company grew to become conscious...